Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Near Summers End

As much as I hate to see it summer is soon coming to an end.
I can feel the crispness in the air and the animal sounds seem
to echo in the dusk. Last night I watched a flock of eight loons
pass over my deck getting ready for their journey. There are
certain things that indicate seasons to me and the loons are
one of them. In the spring I see the buds coming out on the
trees and soon I find it difficult to spot the zebra in their
field below me and then I see the loons coming back and
I know that spring is truly here. Today I noticed that the
zebra are pretty visible and now the loons winging their
way past my deck in the zoo tells me it is time to look
to the fall season. Not an end but a beginning of another
beautiful season at the zoo when the trees erupt in colour
and the animals become more active.

No comments: