Sunday, October 14, 2007

We Are Heading for the National Conference!

Yes, I'm leaving town in just two day. We are headed to Vancouver, BC for the Canadian Association of Zoos and Aquariums National Conference. We seldom leave the zoo so this takes a lot of planning and many arrangements. First we have to have someone stay here 24/7 to take our place (that would be my daughter and her husband with my son on call just in case). Then we have to make sure the dogs are taken care of, with two Boxers that can be a problem. Okay the problem is the 65 pound puppy named Bane who has no manners and will be going to stay with one of our zoo keepers at her kennel's Muldoon's Kennels, had to mention the name for her. The older Boxer will be remaining at home at the Zoo. Okay, that's taken care of, I hope. Now just have to make sure the zoo staff are all on call and that other staff are lined up. One can only hope. To be truthful we have great staff and they always come through for us so not much to worry about there. But worry I do, that's just the way it is, I guess because we are so used to being here all the time it makes it difficult to just go.

Attending these conferences are important and we cannot miss being there. This is the time each year that decisions are made and national board members are elected so if you want to be a part of the big picture you have to make the effort to be invoved. After all it is this organization that is responsible for our Accreditation inspections and this year we can relax as we were Accredited once again in 2007 for a five year term. Not as easy as it might sound and something that we are greatly proud of. But I will explain that sometime later.

I will be bring my laptop so that I can keep in touch and send you some info on this years conference, so stay tuned for some updates from Vancouver, BC.

No comments: