Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Writing a Blog with a new email


It has taken me forever to finally get my changes made to write this blog. Trying to remember all the different passwords is like trying to remember the taxonomy of all the animals in the world. I will be getting back to my regular blog and talking about the animals at the Cherry

Brook Zoo. As spring is almost here our thoughts turn to getting our Vanished Kingdom Park open and the 18 hole Miniature Golf Course set up, this is what spring means to me.


Of course we are also looking at animal wants and surplus lists trying to find mates for our animals and to see what is available for new animals. We begin this with putting

what we are looking for on the Canadian Association of Zoos and Aquariums web site, sorry this area is for members only. I am anxiously waiting for a reply to my wants list.

Top of the list is a pair of breeding zebra and then a mate for Lucas and Outlaw two of

our primate species. Thought I would add Wallaby's to the mix and see what comes up.

It takes time and a lot of emailing and phone calls to find new animals for the zoo, we must

be sure they are good stock without any genetic problems. I will be writing more on this subject

in my next blog.


Just wanted to get back online and let you know to keep watching for news from the Cherry

Brook Zoo. You can view this blog on our website cherrybrookzoo.com and be sure to join our

FaceBook page Cherry Brook Zoo as well. Hope to hear from you soon.

No comments: